Early in the process, the community of Camden-Rockport set out with an ambitious goal for their new Elementary School; a requirement that no fossil fuels would be used to heat or cool the new 70,000 sf building. A geothermal heating system was designed and is now a prominent feature, along with many other green initiatives including a high performance building envelope and white roof. The successful collaboration of the owner, architect and L&L was key to delivering the impressive result. 19% of this project was completed by L&L’s own construction forces.
- K-8 School project type: new 70,000 sf building; renovation to existing building
- Cost of construction: $11,900,000
- Date of completion: August 2009
- Architect/Engineer: PDT Architects
- Method of Delivery: Design/Bid/Build